Partnering with RVLDP
Would your staff and board of directors be interested in the volunteer service of quality young professionals?
The Riordan Volunteer Leadership Development Program (RVLDP) at the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce (LAJCC) trains and educates young professionals for life-long service in nonprofit governance.
RVLDP is a 10-month program with three components: monthly in-class seminars on nonprofit topics with expert presenters; a coached internship on a nonprofit board of directors; and work on a board project.
Qualifications for Participation
Nonprofit organizations organized under Section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(6) may partner with RVLDP if they:
- Have an organized board to which RVLDP Interns have access.
- Have at least two full-time staff members.
- Have audited financials.
- Have been in existence for at least five years.
- Are able to provide an organizational chart, policy manual and financial statements.
- Are committed to the primary purpose of the board training experience-board coaching and training for the RVLDP Intern.
- Have staff and board members who are willing to work with the RVLDP program director to ensure the quality of the training experience.
You’ll find additional information on our expectations of participating organizations, board coaches, and interns on the following pages. To participate in the program, complete the application on our site. For further information, contact Richard Diaz, Director, at 213.989.2151 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.