LOS ANGELES – The Northern Trust Open announced today that the 2013 TICKETS Fore CHARITY program raised a record $274,010 for non-profit organizations in the greater Los Angeles area. The participating charities generated $224,010 in ticket sales, and Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) donated an additional $50,000 in bonus funds in the top-earning charities.

This year’s TICKETS Fore CHARITY total is the most generated in the program’s four year history, compared to: $91,360 in 2010; $217,535 in 2011; and $253,180 in 2012.

Participation in the 2013 Northern Trust Open TICKETS Fore CHARITY program was open to all 501(c)3 non-profit organizations. Through TICKETS Fore CHARITY, non-profits promote the sale of specially-priced daily grounds ($30), weekender ($45, valid Saturday and Sunday), weekly grounds ($80, valid Tuesday-Sunday) and/or weekly clubhouse tickets ($295 Tuesday-Sunday) to the 2013 tournament, with 80 percent of the net proceeds from each ticket remaining with the organization and 20 percent benefiting City of Hope, the official charity of the Northern Trust Open. City of Hope receives a total of $44,802 from the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program this year.

As part of the program, Northern Trust gave participating charities an additional incentive by offering up to $50,000 in bonus pool matching donations for the organizations that raise the most funds at three designated time periods during the six months prior to the tournament. The SCPGA Foundation was the winner of the overall bonus pool for the tournament’s TICKETS Fore CHARITY program and received a $15,000 award from Northern Trust for being the highest-grossing charity with $39,470 in ticket sales. The first bonus pool of the 2013 program was won by the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, and the second bonus pool was won by The Mulligan Project.

Bonus pool funds were also distributed to the charities that finished second, third, fourth and fifth in the overall fundraising effort:
– 2nd – Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce: generated $38,545 overall and received $6,000 from the bonus pool;
– 3rd – SCGA Foundation – generated $24,735 overall and received $4,000 from the bonus pool;
– 4th – St. James Inn – generated $22,410 overall and received $3,000 from the bonus pool; and
– 5th – Notre Dame Academy – generated $15,675 overall and received $2,000 from the bonus pool.

“Northern Trust is dedicated to serving the communities in which we live and work, and we’re proud to sponsor a program that directly benefits Los Angeles,” said Northern Trust Chairman and Chief Executive Frederick H. Waddell. “We thank all of the charitable organizations that have worked to generate a record amount for charities this year, and we congratulate the SCPGA Foundation for their efforts in winning the final bonus pool.”

Non-profit organizations interested in participating in the Northern Trust Open’s TICKETS Fore CHARITY program next year may contact Kristi Lee Fowlks in the tournament office at (310) 573.5810 or [email protected]

For Northern Trust Open ticket information, visit www.northerntrustopen.com. Fans are reminded that each year, youth 18 and younger are admitted free of charge to the Northern Trust Open when accompanied by a ticketed adult. There is no limit to the number of youth 18 and younger who can attend with a ticketed adult.